Welcome

Welcome to our family blog! It's where we'll share news, views, thoughts, and opinions (right, wrong, and indifferent from time to time) and give friends and family a chance to keep up with us!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Two-Week Update!

We’ve officially been home for two weeks today! It seems like a lot longer but that may also be the lack of sleep contributing to our level of confusion!

All in all things are pretty good. Wyatt had his two-week appointment yesterday and came in at 20 inches and 7 lbs 2 oz. He put on 12 ounces in a week! He’s healthy and I think we’re all ready for warm weather and the chance to be outside.

Life is slowly sorting itself for Maggie and I. Frequent transitions seem to be a part of our lives whether we like it or not. Hopefully life will settle down sometime in the near future and allow us some peace.

As I’m writing this blog I have two job-offers on the table. I’ve looked over my list of pros and cons for each so many times and can’t seem to find a clear-cut winner. I feel fortunate to have an offer let alone an option between jobs, but I’m praying for clarity as the time to select one draws closer.

It’s painfully obvious to me that God is teaching me the same lesson about trust and that ultimately He has my (and our) best interest in mind. It doesn’t mean it’s going to be an easy process. It doesn’t mean it’s going to be fair. It doesn’t mean we’re going to like the way He delivers us where He wants us. But, He will provide.

For now we’re just watching the hours go by at home, changing diapers, filling bottles, and sometimes watching horrible daytime television. I’ll get to take another step back toward “normal” tonight at rehearsal – and it’ll do me some good to be playing again (loud, dirty, distorted guitars are in fact therapeutic for me) – and maybe, just maybe our frustrations will be used to help someone else.

Chris

1 comment:

  1. God will take care of it all...your thoughts are exactly as they should be...

    ReplyDelete